This action performs reproduction of P. ferruginea in the hatchery to produce juveniles for repopulation.
The procedure foresees the following steps:
- Acclimatization of adults coming from the Tavolara MPA to controlled environment
- Sexual maturation of the adults in the tanks.
- Fertilization of spawned gametes.
- Larval rearing till metamorphosis: following fertilization, larval development will be followed and cultured until metamorphosis, when the larvae will settle on substrates, shifting from planktonic to benthic life style.
- Juveniles rearing: metamorphosed individuals will be cultured until achievement of a convenient size for translocation in the natural environment in MPAs.
From April 2017 to September 2020
Not yet active