On March 4, 2019, it has been carried out a workshop, attended by the representatives of national and local authorities involved in the management of Natura 2000 sites.
The first part of the workshop saw the presentation of the progress of the RELIFE project two years after the beginning of the project.
The second part saw the round table discussion between the various subjects involved in the management of Natura 2000 sites in Italy and Liguria: the Italian Ministry of Environment, ISPRA, DiSTAV (University of the Studies of Genoa), Liguria Region, Arpal, Capitanerie di Porto, Carabinieri Forestali, Managing Authorities of Natura 2000 terrestrial and marine Ligurian sites.
The meeting gave the opportunity to:
• evaluate the current state of conservation of the Natura 2000 sites in Liguria;
• verify the state of the distribution of Patella ferruginea in Liguria;
• create a moment of discussion between the subjects involved in the conservation and management of Natura 2000 sites;
• Improve communication among the subjects involved in monitoring and managing of Natura 2000 sites;
• Highlight the importance of periodic checks of the monitoring for the P. ferruginea species;
• Assess the need for greater synergy among the subjects involved in the conservation and management of Natura 2000 sites;
• Highlight the need to focus more and more on LIFE funding as suitable tools for the conservation of Natura 2000 sites.
The most significant result was the launch of a shared process for the protection of Natura 2000 sites, through coordinated actions among the various subjects.